Alternative Treatments for Infertility
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Infertility Treatments and other Infertility topics.
What are some alternative therapies for treating infertility?
Infertility can be caused by many different things and, in some cases, the exact cause is unknown. There are many infertility treatment options available at infertility clinics, from surgery or hormones, to egg or sperm donation. Alternative therapies may also have a place in infertility treatment, since herbs and other natural products have been used for centuries to treat a wide range of medical conditions.
Some alternative therapies that may be utilized to treat infertility include:
- Flower Remedies - using essences of flowers, plants and trees to promote a positive mental state, after which the body often follows, promoting relaxation, reducing feelings of stress and enhancing feelings of well-being.
- Aromatherapy - thought to aid in regulating menstrual cycles
- Massage - promotes relaxation, detoxification of the body, can stimulate release of hormones, and reduce adhesions (scarring) which may aid in achieving pregnancy
- Herbal Remedies - herbal treatments are geared to address both the mind and the body, and appear to work best for women how have hormonal imbalances that cause irregular ovulation
- Acupuncture - an ancient Chinese medical practice that focuses on balance the energy pathways in the body, to promote mental and physical well-being
Though it is true that some fertility clinics may not provide information on the use of alternative treatments, most fertility clinics and infertility doctors will support you in your efforts to achieve a healthy pregnancy, and will provide you with information on different treatment options.
Ask your infertility doctor about alternative therapies to aid in treating your infertility, and work together to determine the best treatment plan to promote conception and a healthy baby.