Finding a Reputable Egg Donation Center
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Egg Donation and other Infertility topics.
What should I look for in an Egg Donation Center?
If you are considering becoming an egg donor, it is important to find an reputable Fertility Clinic or Egg Donation Center, which will assist you with the process.
Keep these specific items in mind, when considering an Egg Donation Center:
- Reputation - ask your Gynecologist, a local Infertility Clinic or Fertility Specialist for professional recommendations. Talk to your family and friends. Chances are, one of the knows someone who was an egg donor or egg recipient.
- Location - since you will be required to make several visits to the center for screening, medications and other components of the egg donation process, a facility close to where you live or work would be more convenient
- Renumeration - if money is a factor in your decision to donate, look for an Egg Donation Center that will provide payment in return for your services.
- Professionalism - a professional Egg Donation Center will be in a reputable location or establishment, have State licensure for their facility, standardized protocols for the egg donation process, and will be able to provide you with answers to your questions about donation.
- Confidentiality - check on the policies of the Egg Donation Center with regards to confidentiality and anonymity. A reputable Egg Donation Center will honor your request to not be known to the egg recipient.
The decision to become an egg donor should not be taken lightly. If you have already made the decision to proceed, ensure that you are choosing a reputable, professional and respectable Egg Donation Center who will accept your eggs and secure your anonymity.